Music Ministries at Brandon Lutheran!
We have a variety of music opportunities available at Brandon Lutheran church. All ages. All experience levels. We welcome everyone!
We have traditional, liturgical based worship service at 8:30am on Sunday mornings. At this service you will hear our pipe organ, piano, choir and bell choir, JuBELLation, perform classic hymns that you know and love.
Our 10:45am Sunday or 6:15pm Wednesday worship services are contemporary based services. At these services, you will hear our Power of Praise Band play contemporary Christian music with singers, guitar, keyboard, drums and more.
- Adult Choir -our adult choir meets Tuesday evenings at 7:30 pm in the Sanctuary, September through May. The choir sings every Sunday at the 8:30 am traditional service.
- Adult Hand Bells - our hand bell group, JuBELLation, meets every Tuesday evening at 6:30 pm in the Sanctuary, and rings at services about once a month throughout the school year.
- Brass Ensemble - the Brass Ensemble provides music for Reformation, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter services.
- Soloists (vocal or instrumental) - we welcome soloists to either sing or play an instrument during our traditional worship service.
- Power of Praise Band musicians - if you can play an instrument or sing and like contemporary music, this is perfect for you.
Music Ministry Updates
September was a fun and busy month of music at BLC! The BLC Choir and JuBELLation Bell Choir have all started rehearsals again and are excited to share with you in worship! We had our “Favorites” services on September 11 and 14, and they were a huge success! Thanks to everyone for coming and singing your favorite songs!
Lots will be happening in October. JuBELLation will share with us in worship on October 16, and we will be having Reformation Sunday worship on October 30, with bells, brass, and choir.
Our friends at Beaver Valley Lutheran will be hosting an organ concert in their sanctuary on Sunday, October 9 at 2:00 PM. Dr. Michael Elsbernd from Des Moines, former organist at First Lutheran in Sioux Falls, will be the recitalist. Following the recital will be a hymn sing. This recital is in honor of the BVLC Sanctuary’s 100th anniversary. This looks to be great, and I hope many of you can make it to support and celebrate with our friends at Beaver Valley!
BLC Choir is in need of more members. We are especially in need of basses, tenors, and sopranos. The choir practices weekly on Tuesday evening from 7:30-8:30 and Sunday morning from 8:00-8:15. We are totally flexible and understand if you can only make it some of the time. If you or someone you know would like more information, feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 582-3401. All are welcome in these groups, and we always love to have new faces!
Ben Jacobsma, Minister of Music Will Prines
Organist & Pianist Contemporary Music Leader
Choir & Bell Choir Director