Music Ministries at Brandon Lutheran!
We have a variety of music opportunities available at Brandon Lutheran church. All ages. All experience levels. We welcome everyone!
We have traditional, liturgical based worship service at 8:30am on Sunday mornings. At this service you will hear our pipe organ, piano, choir and bell choir, JuBELLation, perform classic hymns that you know and love.
Our 10:45am Sunday or 6:15pm Wednesday worship services are contemporary based services. At these services, you will hear our Power of Praise Band play contemporary Christian music with singers, guitar, keyboard, drums and more.
- Adult Choir -our adult choir meets Tuesday evenings at 7:30 pm in the Sanctuary, September through May. The choir sings every Sunday at the 8:30 am traditional service.
- Adult Hand Bells - our hand bell group, JuBELLation, meets every Tuesday evening at 6:30 pm in the Sanctuary, and rings at services about once a month throughout the school year.
- Brass Ensemble - the Brass Ensemble provides music for Reformation, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Easter services.
- Soloists (vocal or instrumental) - we welcome soloists to either sing or play an instrument during our traditional worship service.
- Power of Praise Band musicians - if you can play an instrument or sing and like contemporary music, this is perfect for you.
Music Ministry Updates
It’s hard to believe that it’s February and we are already a month into 2023! We had many great things happen in January and are excited for what is to come as we travel through Lent and Easter in the coming months!
JuBELLation will share their music with us at the 8:30 service on February 5th. Ash Wednesday is coming up on Wednesday, February 22, and we will have the choir and bell choir participate in this service.
We are in the beginning processes of bringing back the Living Last Supper this year. Alica Thiele is heading up the cast/crew and Ben Jacobsma will be heading up the choir. We are hopeful and excited for this to happen. Please stay tuned for more information as we get closer to Holy Week.
We will need additional people in the choir for the Living Last Supper-especially male voices, but we would love to have anyone who has the desire to sing! This would be an excellent way of dipping your toes in to singing with the choir. With Lent coming, we will also have many opportunities for Special Music. If you or someone you know has talents that could be shared with us, please contact Ben Jacobsma at email@example.com or call the church at 582-3401! All are welcome and encouraged to share their God-given talents with us!
A favorite hymn of many is “Just a Closer Walk with Thee.”
“Just a closer walk with Thee, grant it, Jesus, is my plea; daily walking close to Thee, let it be, dear Lord, let it be.”
This year in Lent, let’s strive to walk daily with our Lord and listen to what He may be saying to us. May God bless you all, BLC Family!
Ben Jacobsma, Minister of Music Will Prines
Organist & Pianist Contemporary Music Leader
Choir & Bell Choir Director