Learn how to become part of our community, all are welcome!
Did you know that you can keep up to date on our calendar, give online, send a prayer request, read the bible and more on our BLC app?
You can download the BLC app HERE!
Wednesday Night Meal Menu for October
October 5—Turkey & Mashed Potatoes
October 12—Meatloaf & Scalloped Potatoes
October 19—Pork Loin & Mashed Potatoes & Gravy
October 26—Lasagna & Salad
Stay Up-to-date with the latest!
Thank you for dropping in on our location on the internet. We are glad that you have chosen to spend a few moments discovering who we are and what is going on at Brandon Lutheran Church. Enjoy your time here and know that you are welcome to come and meet us in person.
If you would like to hand out candy at our Trunk or Treat, please sign up HERE!
Brandon Lutheran Church is hiring a head custodian.
The Head Custodian will ensure that all areas of the church are clean and ready for other staff members, congregation members, and outside groups to use. You will maintain supply inventory, work as a team to ensure the space is clean and sanitized , and assist with preparations for special events. You will make minor repairs and do basic maintenance.
To be a successful Church Custodian/Maintenance person, you should be observant, respectful, motivated, and committed to providing church members, visitors, and staff with a clean, orderly place to worship and congregate. You should also be knowledgeable about proper chemical handling and cleaning techniques. The ability to make basic repairs, including plumbing and electrical work, is a plus but not required. Flexible hours but available Tuesday at 1pm for a staff meeting. 40 hours per week.
Church Custodian/Maintenance person Responsibilities:
- Maintaining clean church facilities by performing weekly duties and daily spot cleaning & restocking in areas of the building, including entrances, bathrooms, sanctuary, kitchens, offices, and meeting rooms.
- Performing basic maintenance, such as changing light bulbs
- Providing custodial duties & clean up afterward for special events (weddings, funerals, etc.)
- Taking inventory of cleaners and supplies and ordering as necessary, per budget.
- Shoveling snow from sidewalks, facilitating/supervising summer lawn care
- Interacting with church staff and visitors in a respectful, positive manner.
Church Custodian/Maintenance Requirements:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Understanding of cleaning techniques and safety procedures. Custodial experience or training. Plumbing, electrical, or other repair ability is a plus, but not essential.
- Strong communication, comprehension, and interpersonal skills, including courtesy & positive attitude. A willingness to work with a team.
- Ability to lift up to 30 lbs and pass a background check.
- Flexibility to adjust their schedule when needed.
- Able to be proactive; motivated to work independently to provide thorough, efficient custodial services to the church.
For more information or to apply, send cover letter, resume, and references to Brandon Lutheran Church at firstname.lastname@example.org with “Head Custodian” in the subject line.
Children's Ministries Registration Links
You can now register your child for our Children's Ministry (PS-4th Grade), Bible Basics (5th & 6th Grade) and Confirmation (7th & 8th Grade) Classes!
Children's Ministry: Click HERE
Bible Basics: Click HERE
Confirmation: Click HERE